English Language Development And Digital Skills For Teachers And Staff Working In Schools B1/B2
These courses are ideal for teachers and other staff working in schools who wish to improve their English language skills and enhance their fluency. Participants will take part in discussions, pair-work and group work activities in the classroom. The afternoon lessons focus on conversation and allow participants to develop the key skills necessary for effective communication. An interactive communicative approach is applied. One afternoon session will be a workshop dedicated to enhancing digital skills for use in the classroom. This provides participants with their own experiential learning through activities and methodologies presented. Apart from the courses, we also offer participants an opportunity to enjoy our beautiful island and discover its vast history. These courses are eligible for Erasmus plus funding (Organisation ID: E10158341).
The course is aimed at A1 (Elementary) to A2 (Pre- intermediate) participants. Participants will be asked to fill in an application form and will receive a web link to our online placement test which is to be completed before the starting date of the course.
- Language awareness: Introduction and revision of new vocabulary and grammar
- Phonology: Practice of pronunciation, intonation and stress
- Communication: Building confidence when speaking in English
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Improved their four language skills; speaking, listening, writing and reading.
- Improved their knowledge and understanding of English grammar.
- Gained confidence and fluency when communicating in English
|1 week course||2 week course|
|17th to 21st April 2023||–|
|3rd to 7th July 2023||3rd to 14th July 2023|
|10th to 14th July 2023||10th to 21st July 2023|
|17th to 21st July 2023||17th to 28th July 2023|
|24th to 28th July 2023||24th July to 4th August 2023|
|31st July to 4th August 2023||31st July to 11th August 2023|
|7th to 11th August 2023||–|
|23rd to 27th October 2023||–|
The course fee for a five-day course is €350 and €700 for a ten-day course. A registration fee of €35 is applicable per participant.
- Lessons Per Week – 20 lessons of English language development
- Lesson Duration – 15 lessons of 45 minutes and 5 conversation lessons of 60 minutes per week
- PIC Number – 929813580
- Course Coordinator – Jean Bonnici
- Contact Person – Roger Gatt
- Course Held At – Malta University Language School, Campus Hub, Block O, Level 6, University of Malta, Tal-Qroqq, Msida
Online English Language Test
Online English Test Results